Ron Gallegos, a financial consultant and artist who also owns the Conejos Fine Art Gallery, was the Ward 3 councilman from 1995 to 1999. He ran for the council in 2011, receiving 25 percent of the vote in a four-way race that went to Sara Levison. He attended University of Colorado at Boulder, Dartmouth College and the University of Phoenix. He was formerly a product manager for the U S West Corp. Denver. He is married to local attorney Diane Goldenstein and has one son, Philip. They have made their home in Longmont since 1987.
During his time on council, he served as a liaison to the Museum Advisory Board, the Library Board, the Transportation Advisory Board, the Planning Commission and the Longmont Area Economic Council, as well as serving on the board of the National League of Cities. He was on the board of directors of the Colorado Municipal League.
Former President of the Longmont Artists’ Guild and has served on the board of directors of the Longmont Jazz Association. Past President Neighborhood Group Leaders Association, The Shores Home Owners’ Association and Finance Committee Chair for Troop 65 Boys Scouts of America-St. John the Baptist. His son Philip, earned the rank of Eagle Scout.
Short Community Resume of Ron Gallegos
- Member of first 100 Families of the Southwest (New Mexico 1560)
- Member of first Hispanic Families of Colorado 1830 San Luis Valley Conejos County
- Educated in Political Science/ Business Adminstation/Finance University of Colorado, University of Phoenix, Dartmouth College
- Financial Consultant/Commercial Mortgage Lending
- Owner Conejos Fine Art Gallery
- Accomplished Abstract Fine Artist/Show Longmont Public Library til 12/30/2017
- 18 years employment U S West Communications/Century Link/Product, Process, and Project Management/ Line Manager
- Longmont Resident since 1986
- Member of Longmont City Council Ward III 1995-1999
- 1995-1997 Board of Directors Longmont Area Economic Council
- Board of Directors National League of Cities Washington DC
- Board of Directors Colorado Municipal League Denver, Colorado
- Board of Directors Hispanic Locally Elected Officials Washington DC 1995- 1996
- Planning Commissioner Longmont Long-range Planning and Zoning Commission
- 1994-1996 Member of Envision 20/20 Committee – A planning group
- Boulder County United Way Member of Fund Drive Committee- Held and conducted over 100 employee solicitation meetings.
- 1987-1989 Board of Directors of the Boulder County Unit of the American Red Cross
- 1985-1986 Chairman of the Board of Directors of Boulder County Dental Aid
- 1984-1985 Member of the Board of Directors of the Boulder County Unit of the American Cancer Society